RAD – Revolutionizing A Dream
The Revolutionizing A Dream (RAD) cohort is the young people's arm of the Strong Families movement. We are made up of organizations that work with young people ages 13 to 23 on issues of race, gender and sexuality.
Goals of the cohort:
- Bring a youth voice
- Bring a youth voice and youth priorities to the Strong Families movement building initiative.
- Align the work of SF Youth Orgs to create an echo chamber of youth voices that has an impact in all of our communities and beyond.
- Build the leadership of young people to impact policies and shift culture that will support their families to thrive.
- Engage young people of the “Rising American Electorate” in state/ local/ national elections.
Queer and Trans Youth Resiliency: This culture shift project highlights the resiliency of Queer and Trans young people.
RAD Cohort Organizations
- Act for Women and Girls (Visalia, CA)
- Fresno Barrios Unidos (Fresno, CA)
- Forward Together Youth (Oakland, CA)
- Brown Boi Project (Oakland, CA - national)
- California Latinas for Reproductive Justice (Los Angeles, CA)
- Branching Seedz of Resistance (Denver, CO)
- Colorado Organization for Latina Opportunity and Reproductive Rights (Denver, CO)
- Young Women United (Albuquerque, NM)
- Boys and Men of Color Community Builders (Albuquerque, NM)
- Freedom Inc. (Madison, WI)
- Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health (Chicago, IL)
- BreakOut! (New Orleans, LA)
- SPARK Reproductive Justice Now! (Atlanta, GA)
- Advocates For Youth (Washington, DC – national)
- Young People For (Washington, DC – national)
- Providence Youth Student Movement (Providence, RI)